Sun SPARCstation LX boot from CDROM?

Tom Hunter ccth6600 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 00:23:51 CDT 2020

I have now installed an old Adaptec AHA-2940 Ultra SCSI card with
micro-SCSI interface in a Windows XP PC. Windows successfully installed the
device driver and sees the Sony drive. If I attempt to read from the drive
I get a generic I/O error.
So it appears that the drives SCSI interface, positioning and eject
circuitry is working but there is maybe a problem in the optical circuitry
or the LASER optics.
Thanks for all the feedback.
Tom Hunter