Sun SPARCstation LX boot from CDROM?

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Fri Aug 28 17:01:18 CDT 2020

My collection is primarily sun4c and sun4m machines. I have been having problems with the CD drives that I have been acquiring (purchase or rescue) in the last year or so. 4-5 drives, none worked. It has all been drives in 411 cases or going into them, no failures with internal drives. Haven’t investigated why.