Herbert Schildt C code from books

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Aug 27 02:50:33 CDT 2020

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 07:11:05AM +0000, Randy Dawson via cctalk wrote:
[...]
> I hope you say no, because I will probably learn more by keying in the code
> in the text, and finding my errors.

The errors in the code will not be yours. You will learn more by throwing
everything written by Herbert Schildt into the recycling and getting some
decent books written by somebody who isn't a Dunning-Kruger case. I occasionaly
hear him referred to as "Herbert Shit". His books have negative value, except
perhaps as firelighters.

Here are a couple of critiques of some of his other works which do not pull
their punches:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/schildt.html
https://www.seebs.net/c/c_tcn4e.html