Sun/3-powered 737 flight sim

Antonio Carlini a.carlini at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 18 10:00:37 CDT 2020

On 18/08/2020 06:25, Plamen Mihaylov via cctalk wrote:
> I’ve attached different AUI transceivers to Sun3/E SCSI/Ethernet at least
> 100 times while running and nothing happened. The Sun 3/E prom has on board
> diagnostic which could provide more information on the failure.

I must admit I was a little surprised by the statement that AUI cables
cannot be hot-plugged safely.

I certainly don't remember any such restriction back in the day
(although it's entirely possible that I was never told or have forgotten).

Anyone got a definitive statement from anywhere?

Antonio

--
Antonio Carlini
antonio at acarlini.com