Diloq SQ703 to SQ706 conversion

Nigel Johnson nw.johnson at ieee.org
Sun Aug 16 20:06:00 CDT 2020

Thanks for the reply, Glen.

Now, I am not sure where I got that info from, but I believe it was from
this list or maybe netbsd-vax.

My SQ703s have an unpopulated area near the 50 pin connector, and are of
one of the later versions. I have always assumed that was for extra
drivers to do differential SCSI. Is it possible that your board with the
external drivers is for DI?  Or maybe it was an earlier version?

Either way, is your 706 the one without the daughter board?  I have also
heard that the board is capable of doing TMSCP as well as MSCP, but I
can't see doing it at the same time because the register addresses would
be different.

cheers,

Nigel

Nigel Johnson, MSc., MIEEE, VE3ID/G4AJQ/VA3MCU
Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!
Skype:  TILBURY2591 nw.johnson at ieee.org