Game Of Life, John H. Conway

Boris Gimbarzevsky boris at summitclinic.com
Thu Apr 30 14:15:37 CDT 2020

Seeing that video makes me want to play around with game of life again.
Once it came out in October 1970 Sci Am, we were all coding it but
not nearly as much fun doing it as a batch FORTRAN job and having to
enter cells on punched cards (at least we could run that initial game
configuration card deck through a card printer to see if any errors).

Last version I wrote was in PDP8 assembler to run on a TSS-8 which at
least allowed one to see each generation on TTY, but slow.