Wanted, Papertape Reader for Archiving Tapes

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 16:56:48 CDT 2020

For those of you who have used Dunfield's PTR program and the OP-80A, what
PC did you use?  I am attempting with a Compaq 486.  I apparently have to
add resistors to some of the lines to control voltage from the normally
outbound parallel port.

I may switch to the SOL-20 and use that computer's parallel port instead.

I just want raw tape values, I can convert or do whatever with it, but
accuracy is the key for me.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I also brought home an Arduino from
the shop to see if I can get that to work.

Bill