Kennedy 9800 - Power-up tips?

Anders Nelson anders.k.nelson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 10:58:53 CDT 2020

Cool, thanks for your take. I found some articles:

   -
   http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/steps_to_first_power_on.html
   - http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Restore_cap.html

Given this unit doesn't have any tubes, I imagine the motor drivers/amps in
this thing would simply go to zero output with shorted caps. The PSU might
blow the fuse and/or rectifier with a shorted bulk output cap. This unit is
very difficult to remove from the rack it's in so I'm trying to avoid
preemptive repairs.

I'm going to pick up a variac on Amazon when I finish up some other things:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Y2XHRS/ref=twister_B07G5BHXYV

Happy to hear any constructive criticism.

--
Anders Nelson

+1 (517) 775-6129

www.erogear.com