pdp11/05 key?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Apr 8 16:41:54 CDT 2020

On Wed, 8 Apr 2020, Joshua Rice via cctalk wrote:
> Late to the party, but there’s PDP11 keys sold on ebay here:
> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DEC-PDP-8-PDP-11-Computer-Key-XX2247-Digital-PDP-8E-8I-8L-8S/333296145346?epid=2164686531&hash=item4d99ff93c2:g:nWcAAOSwZtlZ7TIB
> <https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DEC-PDP-8-PDP-11-Computer-Key-XX2247-Digital-PDP-8E-8I-8L-8S/333296145346?epid=2164686531&hash=item4d99ff93c2:g:nWcAAOSwZtlZ7TIB>
> I’m 100% sure your local locksmith / cobblers / hardware shop can do
> it cheaper.

MOST of the other PDP machines use the XX2247 key, which is a tubular one.
But, THIS thread is about the weird one that is NOT tubular.

I have a few padlocks that use tubular keys.  I've been considering
rekeying them to XX2247, and using one for my shed, since I don't think
that the thieves around here are into obsolete computers.
I've never re-pinned a tubular lock, so it might be fun.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com