Help installing HP 2000 contributed library in simh

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Tue Apr 7 00:32:42 CDT 2020

On Monday, April 6, 2020 at 23:53, David Williams via cctalk wrote:

> Access is set up and running fine already so things should have already
> been configured for it I'd have thought.

The simulator executable always starts up with a default hardware
configuration (a 32K 2116 CPU, no extra firmware, and every possible I/O
interface card assigned somewhere in the I/O space).  The supplied
simulator command files change that default to match the Access (or 2000F,
etc.) hardware requirements, but the changes are not sticky across
sessions.  So restarting the simulator reverts to the default
configuration.

In other words, running the simulator with "hp2100" gets you the default
configuration.  Running with "hp2100 tsb-auto" (e.g.) starts with the
default, and then the "tsb-auto.sim" command file execution changes it to
match the TSB requirements before bootstrapping the system.

> Thank you for your help so far.

You're welcome.

                                      -- Dave