HP vintage boards being sold as scrap

Paul Birkel pbirkel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 04:34:21 CDT 2019

-----Original Message-----
From: cctalk [mailto:cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org] On Behalf Of Jay Jaeger via cctalk
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2019 6:40 PM
To: cctalk at classiccmp.org
Subject: Re: HP vintage boards being sold as scrap

> There is a stack of IO interface boards, including HSTs, for the HP 2100/1000 series there.
>
> Lower-right stack in this pic, 7 boards, boards have one red and one grey handle:
> 	https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/n08AAOSwjY5dg5Kd/s-l1600.jpg
>
> "HS Terminal" is discernible on one of them, and the one on top looks to be an HS Terminal as well.
> Can't be certain about the others but they have the same size IO connector, they may all be HSTs.
>
> HSTs are the basic RS232 & current loop, async serial-line interface boards, 12531D, used for the console and such in the 2100/1000 series,
> going back to the early machines of the series.
>
> (HS is 'High-Speed', but that's relative to the late-60s, billed for up to 2400bps, but it is possible to operate them at higher speeds).
>
> I'd buy one for, say 60$, if someone picks up the bunch and wants to flog one.

I would be in that same camp, assuming one of these would also work in a
2112B ("M Series") machine.

JRJ

-----

They are readily available, individually, on eBay.  See "HP12531".
There are currently two listed at reasonable prices, plus reasonable shipping.

For reference, this:  http://www.hpmuseum.net/document.php?catfile=236

You probably want the HP 12531D.  Both of the current eBay listings are the "D".

I believe that the HP 12531C is what is visible on http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?hw=111

paul