HP vintage boards being sold as scrap

Guy Dunphy guykd at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 27 03:26:40 CDT 2019

At 06:08 PM 26/09/2019 -0700, you wrote:
>> From: cctalk [mailto:cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org] On Behalf Of Guy
>> Dunphy via cctalk
>> Incidentally I've identified those boards. The ones with the pull rings:
>>
>> https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/ZrUAAOSwI5Fdg5KH/$_57.j
>> pg
>>
>> They are 12/13 bit isolated DtoA, either voltage or current out. 44429A or
>> 44430A.
>
>These are the current ones, recognizable by the blue 4 screw posts (the
>voltage ones have 8 screw posts). So it would be a pile of 44430A. I have a
>working HP 3497, so I could use one or two!
>Marc

Well, if I were to bid, I'd use my usual snipe service: https://www.bidnapper.com/
But the postage of US$159.91 (to CA) kills it for me. It wouldn't be much less to TX,
and anyway I don't think ebay allows to specify some other shipping address.
Plus I expect that even if he can be persuaded to pack responsibly, he'll want more
money to do so.

Cindy:

>I have contacted the seller and asked what it would take to get these boards
>ESD wrapped and properly packaged to me in TX. We will see if he is
>willing...

Please let us know if he responds usefully. Btw it's not so much ESD protection needed,
more physical padding to avoid the boards grinding against each other in transport.
Have you used a snipe bidding service? I recommend it.
If you buy them, I'll take all the HP DtoA cards (minus 2 for Marc) and a couple of the
HP 1000 serial cards, for US$130. Plus postage from you to CA. Payment by paypal.
Does that sound OK to you?

Then of course there is the question of what snipe bid would be likely to beat whatever
that one existing bid is. I'd be inclined to guess that person has placed a minimal bid.
People who bid early typically do that.

Guy