phone systems, old and less-old

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Wed Sep 18 15:07:55 CDT 2019

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 01:32:21PM -0500, jwest--- via cctalk wrote:

> I know zilch about phone systems, and don’t want to know anything about
> phone systems 😉 They were on the wall of a warehouse telco closet that my
> client just rented and we need the space on the dmarc wall for a rack. If
> someone wants them, and is willing to pay ship/pack (ups) from 63146 let
> me know within 2 days or they go to the skip.

I sent a short replied off list to express interest.  I'm not sure what it
is about phone systems.

I've had a fascination with them for years, especially PBX type systems.
I've only recently started setting up a home PBX style phone system.  At the
moment I have a couple of Cisco IP phones and a few analog phones from the
1930's and 1940's working using Cisco CME on a 3845 router as a phone
controller.  I'm about to take a stab at punching down a 25 pair cable on a
66 block to connect to a Cisco VG224 voice gateway, which would enable me to
connect 24 analog extensions to my current system.  I don't know why I'm
doing this.  I live alone.  I don't need to be able to call from one room to
another in my house.

I've been eyeing 1A2 key systems and Nortel PBX systems for a while, not to
mention Mitel, Avaya Definity, and more.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.