cctalk Digest, Vol 60, Issue 1

William Pechter pechter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 12:29:03 CDT 2019

Re:Re: So what the heck did I just pick up?

My guess is some type of interface between 1970's vintage Storage
Technologies gear and some test equipment and the
Tape subsystem.  Perhaps a bus switch.

The clue is the STC Red and Black property number on the back -- that mates
the Storage Tek (then Storage Technologies Corp.
colors in their early days... So it's either something they purchased or
bought.  The vintage look and 64 bit width makes me figure
it was either some kind of tape bus switch/diag panel for manufacturing or
field service use.

64 bits wide would be 2x32 bit word size.

Perhaps they built a diag box that sat before the IBM channel to let them
debug tape data transfers.  The other thought is some kind of  key to tape
alternative keypunch system...

Bill

--
  d|i|g|i|t|a|l had it THEN.  Don't you wish you could still buy it now!
 pechter-at-gmail.com

******