getting your data from yahoo

Dennis Boone drb at msu.edu
Thu Oct 31 11:52:27 CDT 2019

 > someone just posted this on twitter they seem to have sent an email
 > to everyone and didn't bother to mention this

I'm subscribed to five or six on the account I used to try that
"service".  They eventually (day or two later) sent me the "your
download is ready" email, and when I logged in, the page said my
download was ready and that there was nothing there.  Hard to tell for
sure whether they're just under load and the process is fragile, or if
what I saw means "when we packaged up all the stuff from the groups you
own, there was nothing in the package".

This tool has worked well for me:

https://github.com/IgnoredAmbience/yahoo-group-archiver

FWIW.