VCF PNW: 2nd call for Exhibits, Speakers and Volunteers

Michael Brutman mbbrutman at brutman.com
Sat Oct 26 19:46:46 CDT 2019

Just a friendly reminder ...

VCF PNW 2020 will be on March 21st and 22nd at Living Computers:Museum+Labs
in Seattle, Washington.  We are looking for exhibits, speakers and
volunteers.

Presenting an exhibit or speaking at the event takes a little time but it
is not difficult.  And the reward is that you get to share something that
you are passionate about with like-minded people, usually over 1000 of
them.  Exhibits range from small homebrew machines all the way up to high
dollar bigger-iron.  (I didn't say big iron because we have not had anybody
move anything in with a forklift yet.)  Pictures from previous years and
details on what to expect can be found at  http://vcfed.org/vcf-pnw .

Volunteering is pretty easy too; we usually just need a few extra hands to
do setup, teardown, and some minor tasks.  In between you get to enjoy the
museum and the event.  If you have special skills we'll put those to use
too.

If you are thinking of traveling from outside of the region there is plenty
to do in Seattle while you are here.  Local attractions include the
Connections Museum, the Pacific Science Center, MoPOP, the Boeing factory
tour, Mr. Rainier, etc.  Victoria, British Columbia is also a short
distance away.  See a more complete list at https://goo.gl/3emMWH .

Five months seems to be the distant future but we all know how quickly it
will pass.  If you are mildly curious or have a question don't be shy - I'm
happy to explain the event in more detail.

Regards,
Mike

mbbrutman at brutman.com or michael at vcfed.org