Intel 8272 based floppy controller & Missing Address Mark

David Kuder dk at thewaffleiron.net
Thu Nov 28 09:06:14 CST 2019

I've tried using the 8" drives as 8" drives with the clock input to the
8272 set correctly, and likewise with the 720KB 3.5" emulator (and even
360KB 5.25" emulation).  On physical and virtual disks I'm getting the same
error trying to read or write data. Formatting steps through all the tracks
without error, and I can see a write status indicator on the GoTek
display...

Across all of the formats I've tried, they use MFM and not FM, and I can
see the MFM bit set in the command byte.  I can try building FDU and the
BIOS to support FM encoded disks, and see if that works.  I'd love to see
some kind of progress, even if it is single density.

Thanks for the help,
-David