First Internet message and ...

Richard Pope mechanic_2 at charter.net
Tue Nov 26 20:49:22 CST 2019

Fred,
     You are correct in your assessment. Which was first? The Altair and
IMSAI had been available for years but you almost had to be an engineer
to build them and use them. So were they first? I don't believe so
because the average idiot couldn't get them to work. They were too much
trouble, work, and they cost too much.
     I consider the VIC-20 to be the first Home Computer or Personal
Computer. It was inexpensive, had good color graphics, good sound, was
easy to program, use, and was easy to expand. So I consider Commodore to
be the inventor of the PC. Just my opinion. Again which was truly first?
What about the Amiga. The first multitasking multiprocessing computer
with outstanding graphics, sound, and expandability for a reasonable
price. It was also truly plug and play.
GOD Bless and Thanks,
rich!