First Internet message and ...

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Nov 26 19:31:57 CST 2019

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>> I figure the record will finally be set straight after all of the
>> people involved at time cited are dead.

> And Edison invented the incandescent lamp.

Light bulbs, automobiles, personal computers were all ideas that were
OBVIOUS and inevitable.  Often present in science fiction.   So, people
see an "important" person (that THEY have heard of) who was good at
marketing, or engineering to make it marketable, and declare that one to
have "invented" it.  And schoolteachers pass on their misconceptions.
Sometimes the record is finally "set straight" to an authoritaative form
that is nowhere near correct.