Correction for First Internet Message

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Mon Nov 25 20:44:32 CST 2019

We actually do appreciate the integrity of making corrections.
Most ofus should follow that example.
I hope that we have not been unduly harsh and insensitive in correcting
your misteaks.

Unfortunately, besides the year, the event to which you referred is
commonly accepted as being October 29, 1969.

I consider it to have been an extremely important "proof of concept" of
what could eventually be done.  While there had been various
inter-computer communications back to 1959, and probably before, it was
important when they finally got that aspect of DARPANET to work!

I especially like:
https://thisdayintechhistory.com/10/29/first-message-on-the-internet/
because it has a picture of the hand-written log entry for it.

and, Happy Computing to you, too!

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com