3270 controller simulation

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 14:37:22 CST 2019

Grant,

One thing which complicates things is that we have (roughly) layered protocols in place between the 3174 and the host.
So at the physical level we have channel attached, SDLC, Token Ring and bi-sync.
Above that we have the channel protocols, HDLC/SDLC and bi-sync polling.
Then we may have SNA (which encompasses many options) to transport the data through the network.
At the top the protocols and frame formats in the Data Streams manual which are broadly the same but with tweaks for SNA, Local and Bi-Sync.

 Dave