FPGA based 3174 replacement

cw cw at cfsimmons.com
Mon Nov 18 11:43:17 CST 2019

As it happens I wrote a Verilog module last week for serializing and deserializing 3270 coax frames, without realizing someone had already done this with an arduino. What I’ve written is intended for a zynq device but is general enough to be used in other designs.

At the moment I have petalinux installed and can send frames with a small test program and see them on my scope. A loop back configuration also seems to work. I haven’t build the coax driver circuit yet so I can’t be sure of it’s correct operation.

I’d be willing to make this code available tonight. Although I’m not sure how many people have the right hardware lying around.

Chris