VAX & PDP-11 Stuff To Clean Out

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Nov 6 16:08:25 CST 2019

> On Nov 6, 2019, at 4:20 PM, Nigel Johnson via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Are you sure you won't ship the Maxtor ESDI drves?  I have a microvax 2 here just crying out for them. Unfortunately CA is a five day drive away for me!
>
> Nigel ve3id

Drives are definitely shippable, and small drives like 5.25 inch ones shouldn't be a big deal.  Traditional shipping involves a sturdy box with a couple of inches of foam inside holding the drive.

Avoid loose fill like "foam peanuts".  I once received an RP06 pack that came in a large box full of foam peanuts, but the pack had settled in the bottom corner and was dented on that side.

	paul