HP/UX 8 and hosts vs DNS

Jerry Weiss jsw at ieee.org
Sun May 26 23:57:40 CDT 2019

>From https://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/networking_2ndEd/dns/ch06_04.htm

Before HP-UX 10.10, you could only use nsswitch.conf to configure the
order of resolution for the hosts source. From 10.10 on, you can also
use nsswitch.conf to configure resolution order for the services,
networks, protocols, rpc, and netgroup sources. hosts: dns
[NOTFOUND=return] nis [NOTFOUND=return] files"