Raised Floors

Craig Ruff cruff at ruffspot.net
Wed May 22 18:46:55 CDT 2019

> On May 22, 2019, at 11:00 AM, cctech-request at classiccmp.org wrote:
> From: Grant Taylor <cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net>
>
> On 5/21/19 5:33 PM, Craig Ruff via cctech wrote:
>> The NCAR Wyoming Supercomputer Center has raised floors of about 20 feet.
>
> Did the support posts go all the way down?  Or was there some sort of
> grid work that supported the raised floor above an open area that
> contained the PDUs?

It was moderately open below the floor, there are columns that support the grid.  I looked, but I don't have a picture in the under floor area when I was up there years ago, and didn't see anything obvious on the NCAR or Wyoming web sites.  There is a video at https://www.youtube.com/embed/u4H7U5Weopw <https://www.youtube.com/embed/u4H7U5Weopw> that shows some of the support equipment briefly, but not the underfloor area.