Mac 1K

Tapley, Mark mtapley at swri.edu
Wed May 15 15:14:39 CDT 2019

> On May 15, 2019, at 2:34 PM, Alexandre Souza via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> No Cindy, it should turn on and go bong without the keyboard...
>
> ---8<---Corte aqui---8<---
> http://www.tabajara-labs.blogspot.com
> http://www.tabalabs.com.br
> ---8<---Corte aqui---8<---
>

> Em qua, 15 de mai de 2019 às 16:32, Norman Jaffe via cctalk <
> cctalk at classiccmp.org> escreveu:
>
>> I would think that a Mac 1K would have serious performance issues...

Agreed, a (somewhat absent-minded) friend of mine operated his for 15 minutes or so one time, moving files around with his mouse, before realizing he had not brought his keyboard from his car.

There is a battery compartment in the back next to the power switch, so it might be worth prying out the battery to see whether that makes a difference, but by and large I would expect if it’s not making any noise nor showing any light on the screen when powered with no mouse or kb attached, there is a power supply problem.

					- Mark
					210-522-6025 office         210-379-4635    cell