Looking for Byte Jan 78 missing page

wrcooke at wrcooke.net wrcooke at wrcooke.net
Sun Mar 24 20:29:49 CDT 2019

> On March 24, 2019 at 4:40 PM Peter Cetinski <pete at pski.net> wrote:
>

> Pete
>
> On Mar 24, 2019, at 2:20 PM, Will Cooke via cctalk < cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> > In the Jan 78 issue of Byte magazine a series of articles titled "The Brains of Men and Machines" (also the issue title on the cover) started.  EVERY single scan I can find on the web is missing pages 96 and 97, right in the middle of that article.  They all (including [archive.org](http://archive.org)) appear to be the same scan.
>
> Ha!  I just happen to be looking through the BYTE magazines at the VCF museum this very moment.  Here you go. Page 97 is an advertisement.
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ltkjs2no3gnj8tv/AADUZICSjpQ2O7op0_u7e-7Ja?dl=0
Wow!  This list is amazing!  Thank you.  I've been searching for that online for months.  There are some scans on the VCF website that are the same ones on archive.org, missing that page.  I really appreciate that.  I'm posting those articles, as well as some related ones from Byte, online:
http://wrcooke.net/classiccomputer/robot_brains/kent/byte_kent.html

Thanks again,
Will

"He may look dumb but that's just a disguise."  -- Charlie Daniels

"The names of global variables should start with    // "  -- https://isocpp.org