HELP needed on a vocabulary problem ;-)

Sam O'nella barythrin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 11:35:52 CDT 2019

Sent from my Apple /////c
> On Mar 18, 2019, at 7:34 AM, Phil Blundell via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2019-03-18 at 13:03 +0100, GerardCJAT via cctalk wrote:
>> The TECHNICAL problem : I am repairing a not so old electric typewriter.
>> I need to replace what I call : a flexible printed circuit ( strip / ribbon /  what's the "correct" word ??? ) *** AND *** the associated connector
>
> "FFC"/"FPC" and "FFC/FPC connector" possibly.  Are these the sort of things you mean?
>
> https://uk.farnell.com/molex/15015-0423/cable-assy-23core-101-6mm-brown/dp/2096098?st=fpc
>
> https://uk.farnell.com/te-connectivity/1-1734248-9/fpc-connector-receptacle-19-position/dp/1846686?st=fpc%20connector

Maybe if there's a repair manual for the typewriter it would have the part/term listed there?  I'm not sure without picture and Phil sounds like he has a good technical term but most flexible cables I've just heard called ribbon cables. But I'm probably lumping all flat cables into the same category as a floppy drive/ide type cable.