Fwd: Sun 3 with SCSI2SD

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Sun Mar 17 22:00:07 CDT 2019

Howdy,

Wondering if anyone has used a SCSI2SD card with a Sun 3 class machine. I
know Walter B has had success with the Sun 2( that’s next on my list after
I get the Sun 3/110 working with one. )

I have some Version 5 of the card. (I also have a version 3 card that I
tried long ago, with little success). The new current firmware is much more
understandable in terms of setting it up.
However with a known good image ( obtained from Walter B) I can’t get it to
go past the message “Waiting for disk to spin up...”
followed by “Please start it, if necessary , — OR — press a key to quit.”

I know the card doesn’t need to spin up 🙂 so question is, what is the boot
prom waiting for? I expect it’s just something off in my config but so far
everything I’ve tried yields the same result.

Anybody have a config.xml that works that they could share? ( and which
firmware version  it works with? )

Thanks

Earl

Sent from my iPhone