DECimage questions

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Sun Mar 17 14:36:14 CDT 2019

I recently acquired a DECimage X terminal, which is theoretically a VXT-2000 with an add-on 2D accelerator. Unfortunately while the terminal is badges as a DECimage it didn’t include the board, just a frame buffer.

Does anyone have a spare DECimage board they’d be interested in parting with, or know a reasonable place to obtain one?

How about other components for this machine? I have the AUI/thin Ethernet card and wouldn’t mind replacing it with the AUI/twisted-pair card, and I’d also like to max out the RAM: It has 2MB onboard and I have the riser card with SIMM slots and one SIMM for an additional 4MB.

It uses what I’m told are DEC MS200-AA (2MB) and DEC MS200-BA (4MB) modules, which look like regular 72pin SIMMs. Are they special or are they compatible with anything common?

  — Chris

Sent from my iPad