Pioneers of computing

Murray McCullough c.murray.mccullough at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 16:51:00 CDT 2019

Thanks for the info on chip made by Texas Instruments. It was used in a
pocket/plug-in calculator I had while working as a payroll clerk back in
the early 70s.

The link is: http://www.vintagecalculators.com/html/ti_cal-tech1.html

I’ve written in my book on the History of the Microcomputer a history of
the processing chip as the timeline follows an approximation of:

Late *1950*s – patent on integrated circuit by Texas Instruments

*1950*s to *1960*s – move from vacuum tubes to TTL technology

      programs/functions in ROM

*1970*s – 4004 to 8008 to 8086  -> This begins the era of electronic
computerization of society.

    ->  programmable by user and/or firmware

We are now in the early human era of the electronification-computerization
of society. *Classic Computing* takes us back to the very early years.

Happy computing!