Rainbow 100 PSU capacitor list

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Mar 5 17:43:30 CST 2019

If you disconnect the power supply from the motherboard, disks, etc, does
it still pop? If so -> bad power supply. If not, reconnect one at a time
and see if it is load based (eg each of them connected alone causes it). If
it is purely load based, then it's a bad ps). If there's one thing that
causes it to pop, there's an issue there. If it is the mobo, you might also
try w/o the VR201 connected, since if that's pulling too much power, it can
cause a PS overload (though I've never had this issue, I've read about it
years ago).

Warner