IBM 3174 C 6.4 Microcode Disks?

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Tue Mar 5 15:18:48 CST 2019

Grant,

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 04:02:33PM -0700, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:

> Why do there need to be 10 VTAM/SNA nodes defined for the RS/6000?
> Wouldn't it be one node unto itself, much like a 3174, with the 10
> VTAM/SNA nodes for the terminals behind it?

Our RS/6000 running DirectTalk/6000 had one VTAM LU for each voice channel
so that each call had its own dedicated 3270 session.  Under the "3270
Operations" display it would show the list of LUs, and which, if any,
scripts were running on them.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.