IBM PS/2 Model 70 or compatible floppy drive wanted (Or help with current one?)

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Sun Jun 30 12:07:47 CDT 2019

On 6/30/19 3:32 AM, Gary Sparkes via cctalk wrote:
> I'd still be interested in finding a spare/compatible, even if it's
> a bare drive without the card edge connector

I would suggest inquiring in the comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware newsgroup.

I fairly regularly see discussions about using regular floppy drives
with adapter cables in PS/2s.

I /think/ the IDE signaling is electrically compatible with PC floppy
drives.  The main difference is the form factor and the fact that power
goes over the PS/2 cabling / back plane connector.

If nothing else, you'll likely get three or four "I have a spare I'll
sell for a reasonable price" type responses.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die