Recovering the ROM of an IBM 5100 using OCR (among other things)

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 13:39:37 CDT 2019

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 2:16 AM Liam Proven via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 at 17:21, Warner Losh via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> > I saw this
> > half-dollar sized plastic fob on the desk and asked what it was for.
>
> If I may just say -- only about 5% of humanity know how big that is. I
> don't. I don't even know if a half a dollar is a note or a coin, and
> that's without getting extra-pedantic and pointing out that about a
> dozen countries call their currencies the "dollar".

It's an *incredible* shame that no technology has yet been devised -- let
alone one that might be at your /very fingertips/ -- for finding out what
on earth this strange form of currency might look like, or how big it might
be.

> :-(

Absolutely agreed.

- Josh