OT: the end of Dyn DNS

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at thereinhardts.org
Wed Jun 26 22:02:42 CDT 2019

On 6/26/2019 8:36 PM, Charles Dickman via cctalk wrote:
> Now that Dyn has been absorbed by Oracle I need a new DNS service for my
> vanity domain. I welcome suggestions for a replacement provider.
>
> -chuck

I use Duck DNS.  I can't really say much about it though. I just signed up last month.  So far it works fine.  It's free. The DNS name changes fairly soon after my home IP updates.  It works with my Ubiquiti EdgeRouter.

The biggest negative I have so far is that you have to use the xxxxx.duckdns.org hostname.  One that uses a name of your choice (and registration) would be nice.  Do any do that? For free? Or cheap? I didn't dig real deep into providers.

--
John H. Reinhardt