PIC programmer

brian at quarterbyte.com brian at quarterbyte.com
Tue Jun 25 15:23:29 CDT 2019

Hi all,

I have, surprisingly, a non IBM 1130 related issue to ask about. I have a
PIC16C55A-04/P 28 pin plastic MPU that I would like to reproduce --- but
don't have a PIC debugger on hand and in fact don't know whether or not the
existing device is code protected. (If it's code protected, then the path
forward is going to be very different).

Does anyone have the ability to check one of the chips that I have here is
code protected so I can see if I should pursue this any further?
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area but can mail a sample chip.

Thanks!
Brian