PDP 11/15

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Jun 19 12:58:40 CDT 2019

> On Jun 19, 2019, at 1:49 PM, Bob Smith via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> IIRC, there are two models called //15.
> The original, 10.5 high, an 11/20 with no power fail. We dold that to
> Aeroflot with about 10 racks of periphs.
> although I have never seen one, there have been refs to another more
> modern unit, based on LSI=11 or later chip set,
> so I wonder if it is one of those or the orig.
> tks
> bb

That's odd, I only ever heard of an 11/15 as the 11/20 relabeled for OEM markets, the same way 11/05 and 11/10 are the same machine but different markets.  Power fail was an option on the 11/20 too, as I recall.  I suppose the different marketing might produce different sets of options, or different choices for what was "the standard package".

11/15 as a designation for an LSI based machine doesn't ring any bells at all.

	paul