Modems and external dialers.

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Jun 12 13:32:57 CDT 2019

    > From: Liam Proven

    > Now, my tablet and iPhone and Android phones need *at least* 3 or 4
    > apps updating every day. ... The OS needs to be replaced every month
    > or two to fix all the flaws in it, and that's a gigabyte or so of
    > storage.
    > I am *furious* about this.
    > I had a better *phone* and a better *PDA* 20 years ago.

Great rant.

I myself much prefer my Windows98 machines to my Windows 10 laptop, which
I had to buy because i) many Web sites won't work without the latest and
greatest browser (in many cases because of the nitwitted craze for not
just HTTPS, but the latest and greatest security option for it - but let
me not get derailed into that rant into lemming-like stupidity), and those
are only available for the latest and greated bloatware OS.

	Noel