In search of an ancient IEEE-754 floating point test suite

Seth Morabito web at loomcom.com
Tue Jun 11 19:50:54 CDT 2019

One of the projects I've been working on recently is adding floating point accelerator emulation to the SIMH 3B2/400 emulator. I _think_ I've done reasonably well, in that the simulator passes all of the accelerator diagnostics that AT&T wrote for their own product, but frankly these tests are rather cursory and don't validate much.

I'd like to compile a set of IEEE-754 tests on the 3B2. Unfortunately, the only compiler I have ready access to on the 3B2 is AT&T's pre-ANSI C compiler, so not a lot of modern C is going to work.

Does anyone know of a period-appropriate set of IEEE-754 tests that could be compiled on SVR3?

-Seth
--
  Seth Morabito
  Poulsbo, WA