What Makes a PDP-11/35 or 40 Tick?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Jun 11 18:41:53 CDT 2019

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019, Ian McLaughlin via cctalk wrote:
> Almost as bad as desperately looking for a fix for something, and coming
> across your own posting from 15 years ago with the solution :)

IFF your old post had a solution!  (rather than being an unresolved
query)

A related anecdote (that must surely happen often to ARD, Chuck, Allison,
and a few others), . . .
A friend of mine did hobbyist holography, with a ton of sand in a waterbed
frame on stacks of tires, . . .
There used to be only one REAL professional photography supplier in the
area, where you could get sheet film, glass plates, etc.
One time, she noticed an Eastman glass plate emulsion that she hadn't seen
before, so she asked the staff about it.
"Well, I personally don't know anything about it, but I hear that we have
a customer who knows EVERYTHING about that stuff, and we'll get them in
touch with you!"
When she got home, there was a message on her answering machine, "Hi, this
is George at Alpha Photo.  We have a customer who wants to know about a
new Eastman glass plate emulsion.  Would you mind telling them what you
know?"

Guess what?  YOU are the expert that they will put you in touch with.