Modems and external dialers.

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 06:57:34 CDT 2019

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 at 13:45, Stefan Skoglund <stefan.skoglund at agj.net> wrote:

> The economist wrote about this (
> https://www.economist.com/briefing/2019/06/08/how-the-pursuit-of-leisure-drives-internet-use
> )
>
> The current situation is this:
> it is much more important for Apple and Samsung to sell overpriced
> things to consumers which then basically only will be used to play
> games, look on sport games and youtube films.

Fair point.

And in the tropics, it is more important than ever that a device is
sealed, waterproof, has no moving parts, etc. -- to keep it tough.
Cheap & replaceable are more important than convenient and repairable.

> What you used the Psion for will only sell about 4 percent of apples
> volumes last year....
> The screen of the machine i write this on, stands on a sun sparcstation
> 10.
> If i had that machine running well i would be as productive writing
> reports on that one as on the asus tower which i now uses.

I know what you mean, and I agree.

I just wish a few more companies thought like Planet Computers and
tried to make devices for rich niches, rather than the cheap mass
market...

https://planetcom.squarespace.com/