setting reply to in VMS 5.x MAIL

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jun 4 12:29:03 CDT 2019

On 6/4/19 11:09 AM, Bill Degnan via cctalk wrote:
> I mean I don't want the reply to go directly to the original sender email
> address (SYSTEM at MICROVAX3100.vintagecomputer.net), I want the reply to
> go to SYSTEM at aliasdomain.com and I want this address to appear in the
> header of the email message.

This is not an answer to your original question, but it might be a work
around.

Can you set MX records for the microvax3100.vintagecomputer.net domain
to route mail to the system hosting the aliasdomain.com domain?

Obviously the system hosting the aliasdomain.com domain would also need
to be configured to host (likely relay for) the
microvax3100.vintagecomputer.net domain.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die