Scanning question (Is destruction of old tech docs a moral crime?)

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 13:35:05 CDT 2019

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 11:41 AM Warner Losh via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> 600dpi. The file is 22MB vs 12MB, so that's worth it. The 1200dpi version
> was almost 70MB which is starting to get a bit large for a 60 sheet
> document. The sweet spot seems to be 600dpu, at least for this material.

I don't know about the ScanSnap specifically, but I suspect that
1200dpi mode may be interpolated, not true optical 1200.  In either
case, I've rarely seen any great benefit to using >600, at least on
any scanner I've used (my main workhorse now being a Fujitsu
fi-5750C).