DEC Purchase Specifications, particularly 23-000A9-01

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Wed Jul 17 18:15:51 CDT 2019

> On Jul 17, 2019, at 3:56 PM, Eric Smith via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> I expect that 70ns doesn't meed the DEC purchase specification for
> 23-000A9-01, but unless we turn up a copy of the actual purchase
> specification, we won't really know. It seems likely that the purchase
> specification would have required 55ns, as that was a very common "slow"
> speed grade for bipolar PROMs.

Also, while bootstrap PROMs may not necessarily need anything faster than 70ns (I seem to recall seeing a comment in the M9301 docs about 70ns being the minimum speed, but I may have made that up), faster PROMs may have been needed in other places where they were used as logic gates.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/