Email delivery protocols / methods.

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Jul 5 18:27:25 CDT 2019

On Fri, Jul 05, 2019 at 03:05:32PM -0600, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:
[...]
> How many different protocols / methods can we collectively come up with for
> how email can be transferred?

I use rsync (over ssh) for transferring between a couple of my mail servers. It
is perhaps one of my favourite pieces of software and I must have shifted many
hundreds of terabytes with it by now.

Andrew Tridgell's well-earned PhD thesis where he describes rsync and the
related technologies he invented is, unlike most theses, actually readable and
quite interesting if you're into that sort of thing.