11/70 - original or 570 model more desirable?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Jan 31 13:40:36 CST 2019

Speaking of cabinet variants: if you ever run into a "Corita" cabinet, with the abstract art on the side, be sure to hang on to it.  I'm not sure how many were built, probably not all that many.

Another variation I know of: I think it was the Vaxstation-2 that came in a small roll-around cabinet.  I once (at DEC) had a prototype version of that enclosure.  I'm not sure if it ever made it outside DEC.  You can tell it from the regular one because it's a bit slimmer, and especially because the top covery is a thick piece of hardwood (somewhat like a heavy cutting board) rather than the painted sheet steel with louvers that the production unit has.

	paul