OT Parts houses & scrappers

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Mon Jan 28 18:13:51 CST 2019

Sorry, but no. It’s grossly offensive for things that work perfectly well and that someone might actually find useful to go to scrap. There’s tons of useless and broken junk that our civilization can mine for scrap, we don’t need to actually destroy things that have actual value.

If someone isn’t able to sell for the price they’d like to get, maybe the market won’t bear that price and they need to lower it. Scrapping should be a course of last resort, a way to recover value from something you can’t even give away, not a competing outlet for goods.

  -- Chris