OT Parts houses & scrappers

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Fri Jan 25 11:43:54 CST 2019

On 1/25/19 10:35 AM, Jay West via cctech wrote:
> We have to understand, as others pointed out, that if no one speaks up
> for stuff at a price that can keep the parts houses in business then the
> parts won't be around. By the same token, the parts houses have to know
> we can't pay typical full price that corporations/military can. We must
> be willing to pay something above scrap value, of course.
>
> I ask folks to keep an open mind and give Jesse a fair shake moving
> forward.

Fair points.

I would think knowing a minimum scrap value plus some reasonable
handling fees would be for things when conducting such deals.

It's not that I'm trying to low ball anyone.  It's more that I want to
know if I should even enter the game if I can't reasonably compete and
as such must watch with a tear in my eye as business happens.  I simply
can't afford everything that I want.  :-(

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die