VXT2000+

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 20 09:20:22 CST 2019

Bummer time....  I turned on my VXT2000+ today and after about
5 minutes there was a "pop" and a small puff of smoke from
the power supply.  No smell like you get from a selenium diode
or other semiconductor.  Now, the fan tries to run but only
twitches and the led blinks slowly.   No obvious blown part
visible.  Does anyone have a service manual for the H7109-B
Power Supply?  I would really like to fix this but I can't
see paying $150-$250 for a replacement. (Actually, if I had
that kind of money I would, but I don't!)

bill